Slow-Cooked Pork Chili
Skill Level: Beginner | Time: 90+ minutes | Servings: 5
- 2 lbs. Smithfield All-Natural Boneless Fresh Pork Butt
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1-1/2 pints low sodium chicken stock
- 3 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 oz.) can plum tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Place all ingredients into 3 ½ - 4-quart slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. (high: 4 to 5 hours)
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are some of our favorite topping options but feel free to add whatever you like!
Oyster (or other) crackers
Sweet Potato Cornbread Muffins
Skill Level: Beginner | Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 12 muffins
Parmesan breadsticks, cornbread, croutons or chips will work too, but this is one of our all-time favorite sides.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine sweet potato, buttermilk, vegetable oil and eggs in a separate bowl, add to dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin or muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Add to your chili bar!