Corn Husk Wreath
- Straw wreath
- Bowl of water
- Paper towels
- Corn husks
- Hot glue gun
- Soften corn husks in water; dry slightly on paper towels.
- Wrap corn husks around wreath, overlapping edges to form a first layer that covers straw entirely. Use T-pins to secure undersides of husks as you go.
- Create “sunflower” look: Pin water-softened husks to wreath so they dry into draped, curled or undulating shapes.
- Repeat, going around the wreath to create several layers.
Use glue gun to permanently attach radiating husks a few at a time. Attach in layers, tucking additional husks behind until you reach desired fullness. Use scissors to trim husk to desired lengths and widths as you go.
- Green beans
- White candles
- Festive ribbon or twine
- Candle dishes
- Align tall vegetables like asparagus and green beans around pillar candles.
- Fasten with decorative ribbon.
- Cut and hollow out short vegetables like artichokes and insert votive candles.
- Place on individual candle dishes or create a display of three or more candles.
Apple Bouquet Place Card
- Four apples
- Dried berries
- Name cards on a stick
- Green arrangement wire
- Plate and linens
- Wash and shine apples.
- Secure dried berries and flowers to apple stems with wire.
- Cut a small slit in apple and insert name card stick, or wire name card and stick to apple stem.
- Place finished apple on top of each place setting.
- White pumpkins
- Copper paint pen
- Wash and dry pumpkin.
- Plan messages or designs, like "Give Thanks," "Happy Fall" or "Gather Together."
- Use stencils or free-hand your Thanksgiving message. (Perhaps rehearse first with light pencil.)
- 1 wide-mouth quart jar with lid
- 1/3 cup beef bouilon granules
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/3 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup green split peas
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils
- Ribbon, twine or string
- Wooden spoon
- Wash and dry jar thoroughly. Layer ingredients in jar, varying colors.
- Tie material with ribbon or twine.
- Add gift tag and wooden spoon