A step-by-step guide to breading meats for frying
- To bread means to coat with crumbs to create a dish with a crunchy exterior and moist juicy interior. 1. To begin, prepare three breading stations in shallow baking dishes or plastic containers.
- First prepare the flour station. Fill a shallow baking dish approximately half full with flour. Make sure to season the flour liberally with salt and pepper before you begin.
- Next, prepare the egg wash by whisking eggs with milk.
- The final station is the crumb station which can be composed of breadcrumbs, crushed cereal, ground nuts or other crumbs. Fill a shallow baking dish approximately one-third to one-half full to ensure an even coating.
- Now it's time to start breading. Begin by coating the meat with flour, shaking to get rid of the excess.
- Next, dip into egg wash, allowing extra to run off to avoid clumping.
- Lastly, cover completely with breadcrumbs, pressing gently with fingers to ensure even coating.