Apple Cider Brined Chops on the Grill with Spiced & Sliced Apples
- 4 Smithfield bone-in pork chops4
- 4 cups Apple cider4 cups
- ½ cup Brown sugar½ cup
- 4 tablespoons Kosher salt4 tablespoons
- 4-6 sprigs Fresh thyme4-6 sprigs
Spiced & Sliced Apples
- 2 Apples2
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger1/4 teaspoon
- Kosher salt
Mix apple cider, sugar, salt, and thyme together in a plastic bag or baking dish. Place chops in container and let set for 1 hour on the counter. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat them dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of the meat with salt and pepper. Set grill to medium heat. Cook chops on each side for 3-4 minutes each or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Place in pan 5-10 minutes to rest and come to a final temp of 145°F. Meat should be lightly pink inside.
While pork is resting, place apple slices on the grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and stir into sugar mixture. Place slices on top of each pork chop and serve.