- 2 lbs Smithfield Bone-in Country Style Ribs2 lbs
- 1-2 tablespoons Steak seasoning1-2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup Honey1/4 cup
- Barbecue sauce
- 4 Celery sticks, julienned4
- 1 Firm, crisp red apple, julienned1
- 1/2 Granny smith apple, julienned1/2
- 1/2 head Purple cabbage, thinly sliced1/2 head
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil1/4 cup
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested1
- 1 teaspoon Aged white wine vinegar1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper1/2 teaspoon
Preheat grill at medium-low heat or approximately 300° and lightly oil the grate. Trim any excess fat from the pork ribs. Brush pork ribs with honey and rub steak seasoning into all sides.
Place pork ribs on grill over indirect heat. Close grill cover and cook ribs for 30 minutes, then turn and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes. Remove ribs and brush barbecue sauce onto all sides. Place back onto grill for an additional 15 minutes. Final temperature should register 200°-210°F. Note: It is important to cook to temp vs. cooking to time as grills will vary.
Slaw can be prepared before or during the time pork ribs are on the grill. Combine celery, apples, and cabbage in a large bowl. Whisk the olive oil, lime juice and zest, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the celery mixture and toss to combine. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.