- 4 pounds Smithfield St. Louis Style Spareribs4 pounds
- 2 cups Yellow mustard2 cups
- 6 tablespoons Brown sugar6 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Smoked paprika3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Kosher salt3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Ground black pepper3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons Onion powder2 tablespoons
- Sliced bread
GOLDEN BEET BBQ SAUCE
- 15-20 Beets15-20
- 1 tablespoon Honey powder1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons Granulated garlic powder3 tablespoons
- 3 cups Honey3 cups
- 3 cups White rice wine vinegar3 cups
- 1 cup Yellow mustard1 cup
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons Blended oil (olive oil and canola oil)3 tablespoons
SPARERIBS: Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub Smithfield St. Louis Style Spareribs with yellow mustard and set aside.
Next, in a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Once well-blended, rub dry mixture generously over ribs, cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake in oven at 350°F for 2 ½ - 3 hours, until tender. While baking, make Golden Beet BBQ Sauce.
Remove foil. Coat generously with BBQ Sauce and put back in oven for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
Remove from oven and serve over a slice of bread with pickles.
SAUCE: Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash beets and remove stalks and stems.
Add beets to roasting pan and coat beets with 3 tablespoons of blended oil.
Wrap pan in aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, remove beets from oven. Once cool, rub skin off beets and discard.
Add beets to a stock pot, along with honey, vinegar, and mustard and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
Next, add salt, honey powder, and garlic powder to stock pot and stir to combine.
Pour mixture into a blender and gradually blend in batches until smooth.
Once blended, the sauce is ready to be brushed on the ribs.