- 1/4 Tsp. Salt1/4 Tsp.
- 1 lb. Hickory smoked bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces1 lb.
- 1 whole Medium bell pepper, chopped1 whole
- 1 whole Small onion chopped1 whole
- 1 pkg(s) 8oz. Sliced mushrooms1 pkg(s) 8oz.
- 1/2 Tsp. Minced garlic1/2 Tsp.
- 1 pkg(s) 30-32oz. Frozen hash browns, thawed1 pkg(s) 30-32oz.
- 6 oz. Shredded swiss cheese6 oz.
- 12 Eggs12
- 1/2 cup(s) Sour cream1/2 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Fresh thyme leaves1 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Black pepper1/2 Tsp.
Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; drain.
Carefully pour off all but about 2 tablespoons grease from skillet. Sauté bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
Spread half the bag of hash browns in bottom of greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Top with sautéed vegetables, half the Swiss cheese, remaining half of the hash browns, cooked bacon, and remaining cheese.
In large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over casserole. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
Remove casserole from refrigerator. Heat oven to 350oF. Bake, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is browned.