- 3/4 cup(s) Smithfield Anytime Favorites Hickory Smoked Boneless Ham Steak, diced3/4 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) All-purpose flour2 cup(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) Granulated sugar1/3 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder1 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking soda1/4 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt1/2 Tsp.
- 8 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces8 Tbsp.
- 1 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded1 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. Green onions, sliced2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk1/2 cup(s)
- 1 Egg1
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until butter is the size of small peas.
Stir in the ham, cheese and green onion.
In another small bowl, whisk milk and egg.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry; stir until mixture holds together.
Place the dough on a floured surface; form dough into an 8” round about 1” thick.
With a knife, cut dough into 8 wedges.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown.