- 1 Lb. Smithfield Roll Breakfast Sausage1 Lb.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Onions1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Diced Sage Leaves or 1 Tsp. Dried Sage1 Tbsp.
- 3 Tbsp. Panko Breadcrumbs3 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Nutmeg1 Tsp.
- 1 Ready-Made Puff Pastry Square1
- Egg Wash (Egg and Splash of Water)
In a small pan, saute onions and sage leaves with olive oil at medium heat for 2 minutes then add panko and nutmeg. Stir another 2-3 minutes and set aside to cool, blotting any excess oil with a paper towel.
In a bowl, mix the sausage and onion mixture together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
Lightly flour a cutting board or clean surface.
Roll the pastry out on the flour and use a rolling pin to gently remove creases.
Cut the puff pastry square in half and set the sausage mix along the right outer edge.
Fold the pastry over the sausage and pinch the pastry together along the sides, using the egg wash to seal it shut.
Cut into 10 pieces.
Slash the top of each piece with a sharp knife (about ½ inch cut).
Put them in a jelly pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until beautifully golden brown.
Serve with mustard.