- 2 cup(s) Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham2 cup(s)
- 14 1/2 oz. Chicken stock14 1/2 oz.
- 1 lb. Orzo pasta1 lb.
- 1 cup(s) Whipping cream1 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil1/4 cup(s)
- 1/2 lb. Feta cheese, crumbled1/2 lb.
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped2 Tbsp.
- 1 Box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely dry (it's important to squeeze out all juices)1
- 1/3 cup(s) Grated romano Cheese1/3 cup(s)
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Pour the chicken stock into a large pot. Add enough water to the stock to almost fill pot. Sprinkle with salt and bring to boil. Stir in orzo and boil until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Return to pot. Mix in cream, oil, feta and dill. Season with salt and pepper. In a large prepared baking dish, layer 1/2 of the orzo mixture. Top with the ham and then spinach. Layer the remaining orzo mixture over the spinach and top with the Romano cheese. Bake uncovered until heated through, about 40 minutes.
This dish can be prepared a day ahead - just cover and refrigerate. When you're ready to cook it, bring it to room temperature before you bake it.