- 1 Lb. Smithfield Hometown Original Thick Cut Bacon1 Lb.
- 2 Fuji Apples, Diced ¼” Cubes2
- 2 Tbsps. Dried Onions2 Tbsps.
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced4 Cloves
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar⅓ Cup
- ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup⅓ Cup
- 2 Tbsps. Bourbon (or 1 Tbsp. Water + 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup)2 Tbsps.
- 2 Tbsps. Apple Cider Vinegar2 Tbsps.
- ⅓ Cup Jalapenos, Deseeded and Diced⅓ Cup
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a sheet pan with oversized parchment paper (for easy clean-up). Place bacon strips along pan and cook for 8-12 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Flip bacon strips halfway through cook time. Remove from oven, pat off grease and pour grease from the parchment into a glass container.
Using 1-2 tablespoons of bacon grease, stir garlic, dried onions, apples and jalapeños into dutch oven over medium heat until apples are soft, 10-12 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add the rest of the ingredients including bacon which should be cut into small pieces. Simmer another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until jam is thick.
Remove from heat. Transfer to a container with a lid. Store in refrigerator for up to one week.