- 1 whole Smithfield Sweet and Smoky Marinated Fresh Pork Roast1 whole
- 3 whole Bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or green, deseeded)3 whole
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Zucchini medium, chopped1 whole
- 1 cup(s) Mushrooms, chopped1 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Yellow onion, chopped1 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper1/2 Tsp.
- 2 whole Roma tomatoes2 whole
- 5 Green onions5
- 6 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded6 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped for garnish 2 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Avocado, diced for garnish 1 whole
Place pork roast in a slow cooker on medium heat and cook for 6-8 hours. When finished, reserve 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cooker, shred the pork roast with forks, remove any excess fat, and return to slow cooker to sit in juices until ready. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400o F. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and stem, and cut out any membranes. Set aside (optional: blanch for 5 minutes in a pot of boiling water).
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onions, mushrooms and zucchini. Sauté until vegetables are tender (about 5-10 minutes).
Chop tomatoes and green onions. Combine vegetables, tomatoes, onions and shredded pork meat to create stuffing mixture.
Place halved peppers into a baking dish. Stuff with filling, dividing it equally between peppers. Top liberally with mozzarella cheese.
Add about 1/2 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker (or water) into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake at 400o F for 25-30 minutes, until peppers are tender, but not mushy. Garnish with cilantro and avocado and serve immediately.