Maybe you’re hosting the holidays or treating your family on a Tuesday night. Making sure you prepare your ham properly is the key to a successful meal. Spiral Sliced Ham comes to you fully cooked, so the prep is simple. Here are the steps to cover all the essentials you'll need to serve the perfect ham to your family.
Spiral Sliced Ham (Bone-In and Boneless) Heating Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Remove all packaging materials and place ham on wire rack in shallow roasting pan, flat side down.
- Add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the pan
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 14-16 minutes per pound, until it reaches an internal temperature of 120°F.
- Do not overcook! Remove ham from oven and let stand 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
If glazing is desired, see additional glazing instructions. And to make sure your ham is baked perfectly, this handy chart will help with cooking times based on ham size and weight. It’s important that you don’t overheat it in the oven or your ham could end up dry instead of juicy. So follow along with the video, double check your chart, and serve up a tasty and delicious spiral sliced ham every time.
Glazing Instructions (for Smithfield Smoked Hams sold with glaze packet)
- Remove ham from oven. Remove foil and turn ham on its side. CAUTION: Ham will be hot. Please use utensils to turn ham.
- Place refrigerated glaze packet under warm tap water 1 minute or until glaze is softened. Cut off corner of packet and apply glaze evenly over ham surface. Allow to sit 5 to 10 minutes while glaze melts into ham.
- If desired, glazed ham may be heated. Remove ham from oven 10 minutes before end of warming time and follow instructions for glazing ham. Heat glazed ham, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes in 275°F oven.