Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Over Pasta with Lime Butter Sauce
- 6 slice(s) Smithfield Bacon, cut in half6 slice(s)
- 12 Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined12
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Water2 Tbsp.
- 1/8 Tsp. Garlic powder1/8 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Brown sugar1/4 Tsp.
- 1 lb. Linguini pasta, cooked al dente and kept hot1 lb.
Lime Butter Sauce
- 8 Tbsp. Unsalted butter8 Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil1/4 cup(s)
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Freshly squeezed lime juice1/2 cup(s)
- Zest of one lime
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Black pepper1 Tsp.
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- 12 Toothpicks12
In a zipped storage bag combine the lemon juice, water, garlic powder and brown sugar. Add the shrimp and toss until they are coated. Seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat add the butter, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper. Cook until butter is melted and mixture is at a low simmer.
Preheat the oven broiler to 400º. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Remove shrimp from the refrigerator. Wrap each shrimp with one of the half slices of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Place in a single layer on the baking sheet and broil for 5-10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked.
In the last 2 minutes of cooking, pour 4 tablespoons of the melted butter mixture over the shrimp and place back in the oven to broil.
To serve: Toss the linguini with the butter mixture and divide evenly among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 3 of the bacon wrapped Jumbo shrimp. Garnish with chopped parsley and lime wedges.