- 1 Handful hickory or apple wood chips for smoking, soaked in water and drained (optional)1
- 1 cup(s) Peach jam1 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Chili sauce1/4 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. White vinegar2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Water2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Dry mustard1 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Chipotle hot sauce1/2 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Onion powder1/4 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Garlic powder1/4 Tsp.
- 2 Smithfield Spareribs, membrane removed2
Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 230ºF. to 250ºF. Add drained wood chips, if using.
Place the ribs, meaty side down, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
Remove ribs from grill. Double-wrap each rack in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove ribs from grill and unwrap. Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with peach glaze. Cook for about 5 minutes until the glaze is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more glaze.